Wednesday, July 20, 2005

**MOJO** - Tony Day 2

The Red Sox: they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!



Today's Tony is none other than that Kellogg's aficionado Tony the Tiger. He has many things in common with today's starter David Wells. He's large, loud, quick to offer opinions (seriously Tony, we know you like Frosted Flakes, you've been telling us for years), and perhaps most striking, his favorite foods are the ones that come coated in sugar. Frosted Flakes were one of my favorite cereals growing up, and can be a part of this balanced breakfast:

Hoooray! Visual Puns!

Fun fact: Tony's signature tagline "they're grrrreat" was recorded in 1952, the same year David Wells made his major league debut! I kid, I actually like David Wells (all though I refuse to call him "Boomer"). I apparently am not alone, as last week I saw a guy wearing a David Wells numbered tee.... with the number "30" on it. He must have bought it in the few weeks after David Wells signed, but before Matt Clement did when Wells relinquished the number to take his favorite of "3". To me, seeing a David Wells #30 jersey is like seeing a US flag with only 47 stars on it, fabricated in the one month between New Mexico and Arizona's entry into the union.

Here's to Tony the Tiger leading the Sox to a series win against the Devil Rays.



If you would like to participate from home in today's mojo, eat Frosted Flakes until you get physically ill. Perhaps you could organize a competitive eating contest amongst friends and family members. I myself will not be participating from home, but instead from Fenway Park, as thanks to Empyreal I have the opportunity to attend my first (and long overdue) game of the season. If memory serves me correctly, I'm 9-4 at Fenway lifetime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Empyreal said...

"If memory serves me correctly...." Are you Chairman Kaga?

Thanks for bringing home a win. Were the seats as good as I recalled them being?

Allez cuisine!

6:20 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger NU50 said...

The seats were fan-tastic. They were actually the last row in the lower box of section one. This made them incredibly convenient, as they were also located right in front of the aisleway, so instead of having to make people get up out of their seats, we could hop the railing whenever we felt like punishing our stomachs with spiced meat products.

Thanks again, to quote Frank the Tank: "I had an awesome time!"

2:00 PM, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home